Friday, August 7, 2009

We are Outta here!

Disclaimer** I wrote this first section on Wednesday. But feel it is important to keep in. I just ran out of time to actually finish and post it.
So Aaron is getting out of the main hospital today but we have decided to have him stay at a physical rehabilitation center. I would have LOVED to have him home BUT my wants are not the mature right thing for him. The DRS said he would get better at home but it would be a slower process which could mean missed school and he tends to struggle in school anyway. I am not sure if last year at the tail end was due to the tumor or just his own struggles. School here starts on the 19th so coming up fast. Also, if by chance he did fall or get hurt at home I could never forgive myself for doing the more selfish choice and the mores easier choice for what Aaron wants.

Friday, August 7 2009


So it is full day two here at rehab. I woke up early this am due to worries. I have doubts we did the right thing but my husband reassures me we did. Wednesday was the roughest day as he got out of the hospital and instead of going home we came here. Which they painted more of a kid friendly place but it is not. He was in a complete sad depressed funk. He slowly came out of it yesterday. He was not completely uncooperative but I had to once use my stern Mom voice to let him know he HAS to do the activities.


Today so far we have had speech therapy and all his brain functions seem fine. No different then before and doesn't appear to be any slower. The PT lady yesterday couldn't tell a difference in strength BUT when he does the quick put your fingers together (thumb and pointer) in rapid sequence the left is a lot slower. He started actually eating and drinking well yesterday and finish a lot of his foods that were brought. I had to treat him to McDonald's of course :D As i was dying for some bad food too. lol

He woke up chipper then the last days and has already taken advantage of being in here and had ice cream. Children learn very quickly what they can get away with. At home I totally would have said no but I didn't have the heart. I wasn't going to go back home until Monday but after talking to DH it would cost less money for me to go back Saturday. (I plan on going back to work Monday... it is just a part time job as the church Secretary and my Pastor/boss said I could take more time but I A) need the money and B) am ready to go back to work. I am not really ready to leave him and be in a different town BUT I do think he is doing well enough I don't have to worry about him not eating/drinking/or improving. It will probably good for the both of us AND I have two other boys at home that also need their mother.


One more thought on Aaron and the tumor. First it was an astrocytoma grade one which means he doesn't need radiation or chemo because it was a benign cancer tumor and they got the whole tumor so the chance of it coming back is rare again. Though he will have to be monitored probably for the rest of his life. The other is I think what a Miracle he is. And I thank God for him to get us to that drs office when he did and kept him safe through the surgery and even recovery. So many other things could have went wrong or worse. I think a lot of people will wonder how I can still trust God when he might have even put that tumor there. I just know everything has a purpose and I am glad his purpose was for Aaron NOT to die. (sorry no nicer way to put it.) And that is all I am grateful for right now.

I saw this parchment and verse thing on a blog I follow.  she was learning Photoshop.  i had forgotten this verse.  It has great significance for me as it was a major verse I held onto when I did my gastric bypass surgery.  I want to share it and I hope it is ok.  (Kix, if you want me to remove it just let me know!  Thanks.)

parchment paper verse

Ok onto some scrap news as well this was the original point of this blog. I am totally loving the August kit from Personal Scrapper!

2009AugKit

Kit Theme:

Celebrate the end of summer with this bold kit that will remind you of sunshine, water & good times! This kit will motivate you to scrapbook those warm memories!

Kit Content Description:

Scenic Route has a fun vibrant line that is so easy to scrapbook with! We have coordinated these fun patterns with fabric alphabet stickers, coordinating chipboard, foam shapes, flowers, buttons and ribbons! Whether you are scrapbooking summer, travel or just family pictures – this kit makes it fun and easy! Check out the gallery for some layouts our designers have created with this kit.

  • 1 sheet of 12 x 12 Scenic Route Garden Grove Emerson Ave paper
  • 2 sheets of 12 x 12 Scenic Route Garden Grove Westlake Street paper
  • 1 sheet of 12 x 12 Scenic Route Garden Grove Joy Street paper
  • 1 sheet of 12 x 12 Scenic Route Garden Grove Cypress Street paper
  • 1 sheet of 12 x 12 Scenic Route Garden Grove Adeline Ave paper
  • 1 sheet of 12 x 12 Scenic Route Garden Grove Flower Street paper
  • 1 sheet of 12 x 12 Scenic Route Garden Grove Hope Street paper
  • 1 sheet of 12 x 12 Scenic Route Garden Grove Kraft Dotted Border paper
  • 1 sheet of 12 x 12 Bazzill Parakeet paper
  • 1 sheet of 12 x 12 Bazzill Raven paper
  • 1 sheet of 12 x 12 Bazzill Vibrant Blue paper
  • 1 sheet of 12 x 12 Bazzill Grenadine paper
  • 1 package of Scenic Route Garden Grove Superstar chipboard
  • 1 package of American Crafts Guesthouse foam travel shapes
  • 1 package of American Crafts Black patchwork fabric alphabet stickers
  • 9 Petaloo flowers (blue, orange & red tones)
  • Assorted tropical Boxer buttons
  • 1 yard of Creative Impressions black Ric Rac
  • 1 yard of Creative Impressions red gingham ribbon
  • 1 yard of Creative Impressions orange sheer ribbon
  • 1 page of layout ideas using this kit

I know this kit will be used this month for sure.  I love it so much. 

No comments: